So close, I can almost taste it! This week saw an amazing window trim transformation and some finishing paint touches to the little red house's "model room."
Over the following weeks we developed a plan, considered costs, chose colors, unified the new and existing elements and ended up with a pretty smart looking room (so far at least). This last week, we finished trimming out around the window with the same oak case trim that we used around the doors. The effect is a dramatic one when you consider the before:
and after appearance:
Now we just need to get the obscuring window film in place and get the decorative window treatment inserted to finish off the entire effect.
We also finished off the new board we ran along the underside of the ledge. The original (as seen in the photo below) was a mismatched proportion and seemed visually disjointed with the flow of the rest of the trim in the room. This was because it didn't line up with the board terminating into it from the window wall (creating a "zig-zag" effect.)
Here is a shot of the new board in place and how its thicker profile helps keep a consistent visual flow.
It is amazing what a little paint, trim and principles can do to change a room! See you next week.
Photos copyright PrairieMod