If you're a regular reader of PrairieMod, we invite you to write a short feature for us and help us build the PrairieMod community!
We are currently looking for reader-submitted content that showcases topics on design, products, people, places, ideas and events that promote a principle-based modern lifestyle. These short features will be 600-1000 words.
Features will be considered for inclusion under 6 different topic categories:
• Build — Includes topics related to architects, architectural design, preservation, restoration, building and remodeling. 600-1000 words.
• Think — Discusses topics that engage the mind on all things PrairieMod — specifically things like books, movies, magazines, websites, ideas and opinions. 600-1000 words.
• Make — Profiles companies and individuals that create products the PrairieMod readers want to know more about. 600-1000 words.
• Connect — Talks about the various people, places and events that the PrairieMod community would be interested in learning about. 600-1000 words.
• Live — It’s what PrairieMod is ultimately about, a principled lifestyle choice. This category covers topics related directly to the 10 PrairieMod Principles: Consider the Cost, Form is Function, Less Becomes More, Useful and Beautiful, Informal Meets Elegant, Integrate and Unify, Bring the Outside In, Think Natural, Go Green and Uniquely You. 600-1000 words.
• Recall — Covers ideas, people and items related to the past. 600-1000 words.
Queries: Send a one-paragraph query to Lisa Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a summary describing the article idea, an approximate length and date it could be finished.
Note: You do not have to query an idea before sending it in.
Submissions: We prefer submissions as Word attachments. Your name, a one-two sentence bio and any personal or professional website links should be included with your submission. Also include at least one photo (with a name credit) to accompany article and all url addresses for desired text links.
Submissions to the website are on a donation basis (byline, bio and website links are compensation). Articles are automatically archived. Please double-check spelling and grammar before submitting. All articles will be edited for length, grammar, content, style and tone.